Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Recycled Caps on the Light Table

I love finding beauty in recycled materials. We have been experimenting with using more found and natural materials around here. For the last few weeks I have been saving any kind of cap or lid instead of tossing it in the recycle bin. Here is our collection - the diversity of colours, sizes, and textures is interesting and these qualities were evident when I placed the clear bin of lids on our light table.


It's interesting to see how the light from below really illuminates the lids and makes them appear to glow.


It was fun to use these 'loose parts' to explore and create some art.


A truck driving on a sunny day...


A boat floating in the water...


A rainbow...


A silly face...


(According to my daughter) me holding a water bottle...


I'm going to keep these lids for some future art activities. What might your children create with their found and recycled objects?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...